Meditation to Heal Your Heart Chakra
by Doreen Virtue
Every person has suffered pain in some relationship, and this pain causes us to fear love. Yet because love is the essence of life, this fear causes us to lose touch with life's true essence. We become confused and forget what true love feels like. When we are afraid of love, we are literally afraid of being ourselves.
Losing the Fear of Pain & Fear of Love
The fear of love leads us to become guarded, sarcastic, and defensive. We are so frightened of being hurt, manipulated, abused, or controlled that we seal our heart away from many experiences of receiving or giving love. The heart chakra becomes clogged, shrunken, and dirty from fears associated with love.
Unfortunately, when we close our hearts to love, we also shut off the awareness of God speaking through our clairsentience. Ironically, this clairsentience reliably leads us to relationships that honor and support us. When we block the awareness of clairsentient Divine guidance, we are unaware of angels warnings about abusive relationships.
Meditation to Heal Your Heart ChakraInstructions for Heart Healing Meditation
Here is a powerful healing meditation to help you lose your fears about love and to cleanse your heart chakra. You may want to record this meditation with soft background music, so you can easily listen to it once or twice a day.
1. With your eyes closed, and in a comfortable position, take two or three very deep, cleansing breaths. As you breathe in, you take this healing energy into your lungs, your cells, and your heart. Concentrate on your heart a moment, as you allow the emerald-green light to cleanse away any negativity that may have caused you to feel pain.
2. Visualize a beautiful cloud of emerald green light surrounding you.
3. With a deep breath, be willing to allow the light to carry away any fears you may have about love. Be willing to release the fear of feeling love. You need do nothing else except breathe and hold the intention to heal yourself of the fear of love. Just be willing to be healed, and God and the angels will do everything else. Take another deep breath, as you become willing to release the fear of being loved, including the fear that if you are loved, you could be manipulated, tricked, used, abandoned, rejected, persecuted, or hurt. With another deep breath, allow all of these fears from any lifetime to be lifted and carried away.
4. Now, allow the light to cleanse you of any fears you may have about giving love. With a deep breath, be willing to release the fear that if you give love, you could be controlled, abused, deceived, betrayed, maimed, or hurt in any way. Allow all of these fears to be lifted completely, and feel your heart expanding to its natural loving state.
5. Allow yourself to release any old unforgiveness you may be harbouring toward those who seem to have hurt you in a love relationship. Become willing to release unforgiveness toward your mother ... toward your father . . . toward other parental figures . . . toward your siblings ... toward your childhood friends ... toward your adolescent friends ... toward your first love ... toward those whom you dated and loved ... toward anyone you lived with or married. . . . Allow all of your hurts and disappointments associated with love to be cleansed and fully carried away. You don't want the hurt, you don't need it, and with another deep breath, it is lifted to the light where it is transmuted and purified. Only the lessons remain, and the pure essence of love contained within each relationship, since that is the only thing that was ever eternal and real within each of your relationships.
6. Now, with another deep breath, allow the light to cleanse you completely. Be willing to release any unforgiveness you may hold toward yourself connected to love. Be willing to forgive yourself for betraying yourself, for ignoring your intuition, or for not looking out for your highest interests. Give yourself a hug, either in your mind or with your arms. Reassure your inner self that you will never again engage in self-betrayal.
7. You now commit to following your intuition and discernment, so you could never be or stay in any relationship that would hurt you. Fully release the unforgiveness for any mistakes that you think you may have made in any relationship, including your relationship with yourself. And with another very deep cleansing breath, feel yourself healed, whole, and ready to enjoy the love that is the truth about who you really are.
Doreen Virtue, author of the article: Meditation to Heal Your Heart Chakra. Doreen Virtue is a spiritual psychologist who holds Ph.D., M.A., and B.A. degrees in Counseling Psychology and is the author of more than twenty-two books about mind-body-spirit issues including Angel Therapy and Divine Guidance. Visit her website at http://www.angeltherapy.com/
This article was excerpted from the book: Divine Guidance by Doreen Virtue.Divine Guidance: How to Have a Dialogue with God and Your Guardian Angels by Doreen Virtue, Ph.D.